The Cheesy goodness that is Fried Mozzarella Sticks! Just take a moment and ogle at it:
Now that you have recovered a bit, I hope, let’s move on to how easy these are to make! It is so easy to bread anything really, you have no reason not to make these for your Super Bowl party. They pair well with anything else you plan to serve and are sure to please any crowd. Just set up your breading stations and bread all the cheese stick before your guests arrive, then at the last minute just heat the oil and fry them up in small batches just in time to be in front of the tv for kickoff.
These are crunchy on the outside and oozing on the inside. The herbs de provence in the breadcrumbs adds a nice flavor to them without overpowering the cheese. I like to just pair with my favorite store bought marinara to make things even easier. I also recommend using a decent mozzarella, you don’t have to go with the nicest cheese available but using a good fresh mozzarella will improve the taste for sure!
Mozzarella sticks for a super bowl party go all the way back when I was hosting my very first super bowl party. I was in college and my best friend and I were obsessed with food network and Rachael Ray. We saw an episode where she made Fried Mozzarella Balls and thought we should make those for our party. (along with so much other food that I can’t remember, we always made too much food for any party) So we breaded and fried all the mozzarella balls and stacked them into a pile, when we were ready to serve them they had all melted into one giant blob of fried cheese! We ended up eating it anyways and honestly…it was still delicious. But this year, I set out to redeem myself.
Check out other great game day recipes:
- 1 (8 oz) ball of fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of herb de provence
- ¼ cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Marana for dipping
- Chop the mozzarella into even chunks by thickly slicing the ball and then cutting each slice into four strips
- Set up the breading station: put the flour in one bowl, scramble the eggs into a second bowl (add a little water to thin it a bit), and mix the bread crumbs and herbs de provence in a third bowl
- Dredge the mozzarella in the flour, then the egg mixture and finally the bread crumbs really pressing to make sure it is fully coated.
- Heat your oil over medium high heat in a large cast iron skillet
- Fry in small batches until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per batch