The perfect recipe for when you want to eat pasta, cheese, and your veggies all in one delicious dish? Healthy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese of course!
Sometimes, you are being really good and eating your veggies, working out, and generally feeling great. But sometimes you want pasta and cheese and comfort food. But you don’t want to jeopardize all the work you have put in. Can you have both? YES! Thanks to the miracle of cauliflower. Boil and puree this veggie with a few other things and it takes on a whole new life. And you can have a second bowl because it is made of veggies! So get your fill of comfort food without any of the guilt.
This dish was inspired buy Pinch of Yum’s Healthy Alfredo Sauce. I still remember the first time I made that sauce, I felt like my whole life was just starting. I had found the secret. There are two things I love in this world and wish I could eat them everyday without any sort of repercussions. Pasta and cheese. Sadly until some miracle cure to calories comes along at least we have cauliflower! Never thought I would say that but this miracle vegetable does amazing things when you boil and blend it.
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 lb of pasta
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of worchester sauce
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 8 oz of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 cups of peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks and add to a deep skillet. Cover with water and boil for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- While that boils, cook pasta according to package, add the peas in the last 5 minutes to cook, and drain, while reserving some of the pasta water
- Once the cauliflower is done add to blender with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, add reserved pasta water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Mix the sauce and the pasta, and peas together and serve immediately.