Spaghetti alla Carbonara for Two is the perfect meal to make for someone special, it tastes fancy but comes together in 20 minutes or less!
It feels like this year is flying by already, with one month down and February nearing the halfway mark; it is valentine’s day once again. I have never been a huge fan of this holiday and then three years ago this holiday became my anniversary! So I have warmed up to it and tend to often use it as an excuse to make a cheese plate at home and snuggle up and watch a movie. But sometimes you want to have more of a celebration and that is where this pasta comes into play.
When it comes to romantic meals I have always associated pasta with candle lit dinners. This meal is perfect because it tastes like you have slaved away making this amazing meal but it is super easy and quick to make. It is sure to impress anyone this valentine’s day. Carbonara is also a great dish for a busy weeknight when there is nothing in the fridge, I am sure you have eggs and maybe bacon. If not, start keeping some on hand! Your tastebuds will thank you.
Yummm!!! Anyone will know you have special feelings for them if you make this dish for them. So light some candles and pair this with a nice glass of a crisp white wine well chilled. Add something chocolatey (might I suggest Peppermint Moose Balls) and you can call this one delicious valentine’s day.
- ¼ box of spaghetti
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup parmesan, grated
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining
- Scramble the egg and stir in the parmesan cheese until combined and set aside
- In a skillet brown the bacon over medium heat and remove about half of the fat before adding the garlic
- Once cooked remove the pan from the heat and add the spaghetti and the egg mixture. Work quickly to stir the mixture so the eggs cook but don't scramble. Add the reserved pasta water in small amounts until it reaches the desired constancy.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more parmesan.